Sunday, September 7, 2008

Another School Year Begins....



On Tuesday, Sepetember 2, 2008, Logan, Scout, and I began another school year. Sadly, unlike my children, I am destined to have at least 20 more years of going back to school in the Fall, but Logan begins Year 2 as a FIRST grader. My little princess, Scout, is now a KINDERGARTEN student. Where has the time gone?
It's odd that this year I find myself a little less into the beginning of the school year. As I write this blog, things are getting better now that routine is beginning to set in. I'm loving the routine, but after two bouts of stomach flu and a rather busy summer, I was very drained and unprepared (mentally and spiritually) for the school year. I usually find some time to relax at Brown City Camp, but four kids and the responsibilities of speaking at four meetings made this year's camp a little less relaxing. After camp, we had a fire, which I may blog about more indepthly another time. That was probably the proverbial straw that broke this (being me) camel's back. So I find myself less certain than a year ago.
Last year, I was very gung ho to be the ultimate God-loving and God-representing teacher, and for the most part, it was probably one of my better years. This year my heart is not so much into things, but again, I blame my recovering mental, spiritual, and physical state to that.
My plan is to blog more. I don't know who will read this, but I'm realizing that blogs aren't always for the reader as much as they are for the author. If anything, it will be a place to sharpen my writing, my reflecting, and my spirit.
God, I pray for a renewed passion and the authenticity that you have been making me hungry for. I pray that every action, every lesson plan, every word, every moment will be according to Your plan and Your authority and Your divine insight. May I continue to feel in a state of starvation and utter thirst for You, so that I long for nothing better than You in this life.

amen

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have woke up, grown up and have got real about the fact that God has given me JUST ONE LIFE to serve Him with. No more wasting time. Life is an amazing gift from God.