Monday, July 21, 2008

From July...An unfinished blog








" If I can't impact the world, I don't want to live in it." -Francis Chan


"We're always praying God change things rather than God change me."


- Francis Chan

It's a typical (and somewhat depressing) summer occurrence for me. What happens is not depressing, but the fact that I see a cyclical pattern in my life. What is this summertime event? I find that during the summer I draw closer to God. I spend a "little" more time in God's Word, listen to more sermons, read more "spiritual" reading, and in the summer, I find that my reserve tank is refilled. I feel refreshed, and find that within the chasm that has grown in the past nine to ten months betweeen me and God, I am now closer. The distance is not so far.

This is depressing to me because I want this closeness, this peace, this passion all of the time. I think it is good to have a season of refreshment, but I want to further along in my faith.



No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have woke up, grown up and have got real about the fact that God has given me JUST ONE LIFE to serve Him with. No more wasting time. Life is an amazing gift from God.