Friday, September 19, 2008

Nightly Rituals...



The chocolate-covered face of Quaid is supposed to be here, but Quaid's picture just never happened. As I was beginning to take his picture, both Amber and I realized that the word he kept repeating was sounding alot like "pee". At that point, I went over and discovered a pool of pee in his seat. Chocolate ice cream face and pee just don't mix, so that picture just wasn't shot.

I'm continuing to discover the joy of nightly rituals. With no Mariner Drama (yet!!) and little church involvements, I'm getting the chance to come home, cook dinner, eat with my family, and do a little activity with my kids before they head to bed. Last night, we took our third bike ride of the week. Actually, it was Amber and my second bike/walk outing. Amber and I push Sawyer and Quaid in a stroller and Quaid's "vroom-vroom" (little car), while Logan and Scout zoom ahead on their bikes. I'm gonna really miss this when the snow starts flying.

Man do I love this time. I love the peacefulness of walking with my family and where my kids are at with their ages. I love AUTUMN. Last night that cool, crisp breeze as I walked around with Amber and the kids was so refreshing. I'm looking forward to pumpkin patches and apple crisp and the turning of the leaves. I'm looking forward to the Halloween stroll in Sanborn Park and jumping into leaf piles with my kids. But....don't come too quickly. I'm enjoying bikes rides in September, eating Extreme Moose Track Ice Cream with Amber, Logan, Scout, Quaid, and (someday) Sawyer (Sorry pal, strained and blended green beans will have to do for now.)

Well, I'm at my desk and have a pile of quizzes to grade.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have woke up, grown up and have got real about the fact that God has given me JUST ONE LIFE to serve Him with. No more wasting time. Life is an amazing gift from God.