Monday, September 15, 2008

A Tradition Continues



So tonight, Logan and Scout both began their first adventures of learning to play the piano from dad. I've been reluctant because things did not go so well a year ago, but tonight was great. After a night of gymnastics, I first sat down with Scout, taught her where the C note and D notes are, and showed her how each finger has an assigned number. Logan suprisingly could not wait to begin his lesson and mastered the first part of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." I was very impressed with both of them, and I'm glad to have something where I MUST sit down and spend time with each of them. Of course the ever-lovable Quaid wanted to be part of the action. He may have to wait some time.
I've been reflecting in the midst of this economic turmoil today about the uncertainty of the future. Even at our school staff meeting, we talked about how bad the economy is for kids. This got me thinking about how over blessed I am. I have more than I could ever want. I remember Francis Chan saying in a recent message that even at my poorest, I have more than most people do in other countries. That I would have to "work hard to starve." And it is easy to write these words about my blessings, may I truly live in the awe and in the remembrance of how blessed I am. May I do something more than just be thankful with the abundance God has given me.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have woke up, grown up and have got real about the fact that God has given me JUST ONE LIFE to serve Him with. No more wasting time. Life is an amazing gift from God.