Friday, September 12, 2008

I Love Bike Riding

This summer, as you see in this earlier picture from July, the training wheels came off. As I'm writing this Mark Schultz's song, "He's My Son" is playing in the background. That's just not fair. I'm not going to be able to finish this blog.
Anyways, it's so funny what we get lazy about or slow to get to doing becomes such a realized joy. It's one of those..."Why didn't I do this before? I LOVE THIS!!!" I love riding bikes, but somehow, I managed to do very little bike riding with Logan and Scout this summer. Now that I'm back at school, we've gone on several "little adventures", as I like to call them, around our neighborhood. Luckily for my kids (and myself) our adventures always end up at a McDonald's or Jimmy's Frozen Custard which are right around our house.
Last night, seven years after I thought the world was ending (9/11), with Quaid on the back of my bike, Scout struggling to get her green and white bike with training wheels over the bumpst in the sidewalk, Logan zooming around the neighborhood, and Amber pushing smiley, little Sawyer in a stroller, we rode and just enjoyed being around each other. Of course, the trip ended at Jimmy's which meant a BIG chocolate ice cream for Logan, pink ice cream with sprinkles, vanilla with sprinkles for Quaid, and two Coke coolers for mom and dad. Quaid just gulped his down. Scout enjoyed hers as slowly as she could. As we left, Amber rushed Quaid over to the side lawn to go "potty". Scout and Logan both wanted to go "potty" on Jimmy's lawn but had to wait until we got home.
After the kid's went to bed, Amber and I attempted to watch HBO's dvd JOHN ADAMS.

Life is good. It's Friday. God has blessed me with a great family.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have woke up, grown up and have got real about the fact that God has given me JUST ONE LIFE to serve Him with. No more wasting time. Life is an amazing gift from God.