Sunday, March 14, 2010

50 NEW Recipes In 2010- #3 London Fog (Earl Grey Latte)


So when you are directing a high school theater production of TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, attempting to be a teacher, husband and father of four children, AND taking an online class, you just don't find much time to cook, let alone, post anything on your blog to show what you have cooked.

  Despite being away from my tiny little kitchen due to two weeks of tech on TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD, I have managed in the past months to occassionally put together something new in my kitchen, in addition to the regular dishes I like to rotate.  So Starbucks has this amazing tea latte I stumbled upon one morning at our local Meijers over a year ago.  It's called the LONDON FOG.  I might have even had it first when hanging out with friends over the 2008 Christmas break.  It is not a permanent part of their drink menu, but I have yet, over the past year, to run into a barista at Starbucks that cannot make this sweet, vanilla drink. 
   Basically it is Earl Grey tea, which my Grandma Russell raised me on, with vanilla syrup and steamed, frothy milk.  Not having purchased an espresso maker or milk steamer/frother, I have to follow these "old school" instructions of making my own frothy, steamed milk....microwave for a minute and then whisk in a bowl until frothy. 
   While the drink is NOT quite up to Starbucks standards, my wife and I have enjoyed these sweet little tea drinks a few times.  A milk frother or steamer is on my "wish list."  You'll note that we also made cinnamon rolls to go with this batch of "frothy" London Fog.  I just like the word "frothy."

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have woke up, grown up and have got real about the fact that God has given me JUST ONE LIFE to serve Him with. No more wasting time. Life is an amazing gift from God.