Monday, January 25, 2010

50 NEW Recipes 2010- #1 Homemade Lasagna


On Monday night, I decided to make my first batch of lasagna from a recipe (this link omits that the meat can be a mix of veal, pork, and ground beef) in the February 2010 issue of Family Circle. I failed to look at how the recipe laid out how much time ACTUALLY is needed to prep and cook (Hey, I'm a guy. What do you expect?). Normally, my kids and I eat at 5:00/5:30 p.m. at the latest. By the time I spent three plus hours prepping, cooking, and baking, it was nearly 7:00 p.m., and my kids' bedtime is at 7:30 p.m.
Well, it was definitely worth the wait. Thanks to the aid of my brother, Joe, I was able to move things along in the kitchen. It was very yummy lasagna. While it had a great deal of meat, using more italian sausage (I used Bob Evans) than ground beef made it not "quite" as heavy. The sauce is made from a combination of tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, sauteed onions and garlic, and fresh basil. I served this with a fresh spinach and cherry tomatoe salad.
I will definitely make this again.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have woke up, grown up and have got real about the fact that God has given me JUST ONE LIFE to serve Him with. No more wasting time. Life is an amazing gift from God.