Friday, July 10, 2009

Living Life Challenge #4- Jumping Into a Pond












I have never been much for jumping into a pond with a mucky, muddy, slime-covered bottom, much less one that also features fish as inhabitants to the body of water I'm entering. Swimming at the beach is fine. Swimming in a lake is fine, but I rarely enter a body of water where the chances of me making contact with a fish are high. Smelling like the fish, after swimming with them, is also not something I enjoy much either.



Still this is the Summer where I wanted to try and do "new things" or try something I have not done in some time. While camping at my in-laws house, my brother-in-law Travis, among everyone else, wondered if I'd truly go for a swim. It took a few moments to get me airborne off the dock, but after a little hesistation, I leaped off the little dock and was soon enjoying muck between my toes. I may never return to pond swimming this summer, but I took the plunge.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I have woke up, grown up and have got real about the fact that God has given me JUST ONE LIFE to serve Him with. No more wasting time. Life is an amazing gift from God.