Before the initial frightening news about Camden on Friday, Amber and Scout went out for some "Mommy and me" time. Amber, from the huge amount of kids that are babysat at our house, wanted to have some one-on-one time with each of the kids. So as she did some shopping and went to Kohl's, she and Scout want out. In the meantime, it was me and my little men. After doing up some scrambled eggs for breakfast and allowing Sawyer his morning nap, we set out to buy Amber a new bike. After grabbing Logan and Quaid a new toy at Target, I began the grueling process of figuring out what bike to get her (Three bikes have lost their pedals while Amber was biking across major roads in our area.) After nearly an hour of agonizing debating, I chose a Schwin for her. It was very cool pulling up and presenting her with her new bike.
Amber and I headed down to Henry Ford to see Camden that night, thanks to her parents coming to the rescue to watch our own kids. After spending several hours visiting with Joe, Michelle, Mike and Patty (Joe's inlaws), and my own parents, Amber and I stopped off at IHOP for a late dinner.


Because mybrother Jon was not having his usual Fourth of July party at his house in Saint Clair and due to Camden being in the hospital, there were no formal plans for celelbrating Independence Day, so.....I cut the grass and cleaned the gutters. In between grass cutting and gutter cleaning, we took the kids on bike ride through downtown Port Huron, had some Subway for lunch, and headed back. I'm trying to clock in miles on the bike and track this summer to get healthier. We did about five miles with the kids. While I cleaned the gutter, Amber took Scout down to Roosevelt to practice riding without training wheels. After getting thoroughly soaked and covered by the grime from the gutters, I cleaned up, and we headed down to Stevi B's on 23 Mile Road for some pizza buffet. We also shopped at Old Navy (really patriotic of us, isn't it?). From there we began a search for sparklers and found that most of the area around 23 Mile Road does not allow for the selling of ANY type of firework. It wasn't until Marysville Meijer that I was able to buy some sparklers and fireworks for the kids.
At home, Logan and Scout, until she burned herself on a sparkler, enjoyed the little firework show and holding their sparklers. Quaid and Sawyer, still traumatized from last week's Acheson firework display, are still frightened of any type of firework. It was great watching the older two play with the sparklers (until the massive mosquito attack).
Sunday was the annual church picnic at Goodell's park. Logan is less excited about the sprinkler park and more intrigued by the jungle gyms. After roasting in the sun, we left the park and headed to Scoops ice cream parlor. Logan, upon seeing the venue of his seventh birthday party, was convinced that we needed to have his birthday here again. Amber and I enjoyed some Coconut, chocolate almond ice cream (I'm trying to fill my summer with trying new things.) I believe the other kids enjoyed some Superman ice cream and Cake Batter ice cream. We crashed at home (or tried to). We had a second round of sparklers for just Logan and Scout. (Quaid fell asleep at 6:30 p.m. on the new recliner.) As the kids headed to bed, I had only acculated 9,000 steps, so between 8:30 and 10:30, I added, through "some running" and mostly walking fast, 11, 000 steps to make my 20,000 step goal for the day.
Today, I'm really tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment