Amber turned 32 today, and as many would know, Amber is not big on big parties. Still, while she was out with her mom for a few moments, Logan, Scout, Quaid, Sawyer, and I could not help but to throw a little surprise party for her. Complete with party hats and noise makers, the kids and I kept hiding every few minutes in anticipation of Amber walking through our front door.
What a beautiful moment as Amber walked in the door and the kids went running (except for Sawyer who crawled) and suprised Amber. The kids made special "Happy Birthday" drawings and taped them in the foyer area. I made stuffed shells (which I later found is not among Amber's most favorite meals).
We had a chocolate mocha cake, sang Happy Birthday to Amber, and had her open a little gift bag of present I had bought for her. My favorite item I purchased was a collection of chocolates from The Chocolate Harbor in Saint Clair. I also added some Twizzlers, salt-water taffy, Caramel Corn, and some summer shirts to her present bag.
The best part of the night was how much fun the kids had in hiding, suprising, and drawing birthday banners for Amber.
No comments:
Post a Comment